HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Choose Joy

I have spent the past couple of days reading through post after post after post about sweet Sara - aka "Gitzen Girl". Who is now on her journey homeward to meet her Maker.


Her mantra was to "Choose Joy".

Although I didn't know Sara on a personal level like so many did, I had an opportunity to read some of her posts and what struck me the most was that in spite of her battling a debilitating disease, she had found a way to intentionally "Choose Joy" regardless of her condition.

She reminds me so much of Karlena. Who also made a decision to "Choose Joy" in all things. The 2 of them would have made great friends I think! And oh what a party they will have together in Heaven soon...both girls and their dads.

The bigger challenge here for me and for all of us is how do we carry on a legacy like Sara's...like Karlena's?

Sara made it look pretty simple didn't she?

Just "Choose Joy".

Write it on the wall if you need a reminder each morning.

Make the choice - be intentional and "Choose Joy" in ALL things.

Such a simple idea - so will you join me in a new way of thinking....a better way of living?

And if you would please pray for those closest to Sara right now who are feeling her loss at an even deeper level....her family, her friends...Jess, Matthew, Candy, Shannon and so many countless others ...my prayers are with you as you say goodbye - for now.
 May you feel Joy even amongst moments of sadness.

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved