HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Saying Goodbye....

This is the first home that Dominic and I bought together.
Isn't it cute??
We lived in that house for almost 13 years.

Number 606!
I wanted to share a couple of my favorite spaces in our home.

Although our kitchen was small it was open to the living room and dining room and was one of the places that we all spent most of our time.

Our basement was also a big open space.
We watched thousands of movies together in that basement!!

It is probably weird to post a picture of our laundry room...but it had tons of storage and I just repainted the walls and the shelves a few months ago and still like how it looked!

This was 1 of 2 trucks that we loaded with all of our stuff. (And 2 large loads are sitting up in Dominic's rental in Tyler too....) Crazy!
I cannot believe how much stuff we have accumulated in 13 yrs!

We had some great help today from family and friends.
Isaac's good friends Christian and Zach helped a ton.
My BIL Aaron came and drove the 2nd truck and worked like a horse all day - Aaron we couldn't have done it all without you!
And my mom came down and helped me clean while they loaded. We just can't say enough how grateful we are for all of you!!

We took this just before we left town.
I still can't believe that tomorrow morning I won't wake up in my room....
Saying goodbye to the daycare was so hard and I cried on and off all day!!

I pray for the new owners - that God would be felt in the home and that they would grow as a family like we did. God has been so good to us and blessed us for many years with that home.

Tomorrow we start a new journey in Marshall. Closing on both homes.
Please pray for this transition...especially for Isaac as this hits him especially hard.

And although I can't currently share the details I ask that you please pray for my employment situation.  I will say that I feel at peace with the uncertain and really believe that God is working something special in this also.  I am anxiously waiting for the time when all is revealed (even to me) and God will get the glory in all of it. Stay tuned!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dominic and Kristin: Much love, good luck, and success as you start the new venture/journey in your life. God will be there for every step of the way. And special prayers for the transition for Issac that he make friends who are Christians and have the same morals as he does. Prayers for all of you.

Sandy Stocklin Hook

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

I will definitely keep praying as you make the transition! Your house is so cute! The new owners are one lucky family! Keep us posted as you get adjusted! Much Love, Sarah :-)



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved